Tuesday 3 March 2015

Official Marathon Training Week 4

Hello Fudgey Friends,

How are you all? Who has snow? I can't believe it is March! It's been pretty cold here all week, but also mostly bright & sunny.

It has been a mixed week of training for me with ups & downs.

Monday - Running conditioning class at lunchtime. These classes have been organised through my work with a company called Total Health I am very lucky that I work somewhere where we have these kind of opportunities and I have been fortunate to take part in a number of different classes and workshops through a programme that my company runs called Fit for the Future. At the moment there is a running conditioning class on a Monday lunchtime which is absolutely perfect in conjunction with my marathon training & great on the back of a long run over the weekend.

Tuesday - I had hoped to get in my long run early this week, but really wasn't feeling great, I have had a very sore tummy on & off all week. Initially I thought it was stress, then I was concerned it was a recurrence of my diverticulitis but I think it has simply been a wee tummy bug as Mr Fudgey also felt pretty bleugh on Saturday evening.  So no running on Tuesday :-(

Wednesday - Decided I'd attempt my run pre work & managed 7.23 miles but I really wasn't in the right head space, my tummy was not happy with me, it was very icy underfoot and I felt constrained for time so cut it short at just over 7 miles - not a bad effort though. A view of part of my route especially for Liz...more scenic ones next week hopefully :-)
Feeling much better and energised as the day went on I decided that I would also run part of the way home. I opted to get the bus part of the way & then get off about 4 miles from home....a big mental hurdle as it would have been so easy to just stay on the bus, especially as it was starting to get dark, cold & a bit rainy, but I did it & ran 4.04 miles home much to Mr Fudgey's surprise when he stepped of the bus to see me running past up the hill. The run home was better than the morning & on average 24 seconds faster per mile....such a data geek! Delighted with a total of 11.27 miles for the day & my first double run session since the arrival of Miss Bug.

Thursday - quite rightly a rest day.












Friday -  I had a lovely days holiday from work & took Miss Bug into Edinburgh, we started with a visit to Bannatynes for a swim & Miss Bug loved splashing and checking out the facilities including the lockers. She had so much fun that she had a power nap on the way to Marks & Spencer  so I managed to get something to eat & drink without sharing. We then visited my work & Miss Bug shared her Peppa Pig cakes. She also paid special visits to Maggie, pretending she was shy!, Eileen & Jackie - Thank you Jackie for the chocolate & the pennies. Then we went along to Daddy Bug's work & picked him up for cake & coffee at Debenhams. The highlight at Debenhams was going down the escalator with Daddy Bug while I took the buggy in the lift. Home & an afternoon nap for both of us. My stomach was really sore in the evening & I ended up having to go to bed.




Saturday - I really didn't feel great & was gutted as I had hoped to do 11 to 13 miles but I knew that physically it wasn't the right thing to do, even though mentally I was prepared. We took Miss Bug to her weekly swimming class & then to visit Granny & Papa. When we came home & she had her afternoon sleep so did I. Unfortunately when we got up Daddy Bug was feeling poorly so he had to lie down too.

Sunday  - feeling much better but not 100% I didn't want to venture too far from home so decided I'd go for a treadmill session & could do as much or as little as I liked. Absolutely astounded myself 12.49 miles and I never walked or stopped once, feeling immensely proud. I find running on the treadmill so much tougher than running outside and I'd opt for outdoors at any chance I can, but it's a useful training tool especially have the little one & living in Scotland. It means I have no excuses what so ever. I think the new running music hubby bought me really helped - Thank you. I only ever listen to music when running on the treadmill, never outdoors for safety reasons but also I have learned to love the awareness of my breathing & feet on the ground and the clearing of my mind.

So somehow I managed to rescue week 4, still mange 3 runs, log 23.76 miles - pretty good effort in my opinion.

Lighter training week for week 5 as I have a half marathon at the end of the week....Eeeek :-$

Have a great week all

Lots of love
Bug's Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment