Monday 19 August 2013

Life is Good

Hello Fudgey Friends,

How is everyone?

Are all the Scottish followers glad that the kiddies are now back to school? I can't believe that is the school summer holidays over all ready.

Life here is good, I've been pretty tired and fed up recently but I know how good I have it. I have wonderful friends & family & an amazing baby girl. I have my health. I have a lovely home. I have a husband who loves me to bits & thinks I'm awesome (though I disagree).
Sometimes I forget these things & get bogged down in every day trials & tribulations and occasionally I forget how blessed I am.
Where did this mushiness come from? I'm not sure! Just feeling reflective, there has been an awful lot going on & I've been rushing around trying to do too much as usual. I think it's partly to do with going back to work in 6 weeks & all the things I need to do before then, but also looking back at the last 9.5 months & seeing just how much we've done & how far we've come. So yes Life is good - challenging at times but good :-)

This week I have managed to fit in 4 runs :-) & my food has been fantastic, though perhaps maybe not eating enough with the running & definitely not drinking enough water but heading in the right direction. A little frustrated that the scales show me staying the same this week....but I feel better & I see changes in my shape so shall carry on as I am doing.

RUNNING UPDATE

Found myself a 10k training plan. It has 4 runs a week, but that's not always going to be realistic for me with the wee one so my aim was to get 3 runs in a week & anything else is a bonus. I am also conscious of not undoing the good work the chiropractor has done or setting myself back with injury by trying to do too much too soon

Monday - Ran 4.1k - treadmill session as dark outside

Wednesday - Ran 3.3k - another treadmill session

Saturday - Ran 6.4k - cold wet & windy morning - a real treat for me as Buggy was at her Grandparents so I was able to run in the morning before collecting her.

Sunday - Ran 3.4k - another treadmill session as it was 9pm before I was ready to run.

So 4 runs & a total distance of 17.2k (10.7 miles) The most I have done post baby. It's not fast but it's running & I'm loving it.

NEW CHALLENGE

After the squats & abs challenges I haven't been doing anything like that at all, however I found a 7 minute workout app on Apps gone free yesterday & thought I'd give it a go. Basically 12 exercises that you do for 30 seconds each with 10 second rest. Of course if you are feeling fit & energetic you can just repeat the 7 minutes for as many circuits as you like. I'm starting with 1 circuit for now though. The exercises are: jumping jacks, wall sit, push ups, sit ups, step ups, squats, tricep dips, plank, high knees running on the spot, lunges, push ups with rotation & side plank.

The last 2 are a little beyond me just now so I have substituted them for push ups & plank until I get a bit stronger.

The app is called Seven

MUMMY & BUG NEWS

Silly Mummy forgot to keep a note of last weeks activities so shall need to try & recall from memory what we got up to.

Monday - Our usual swimming lesson in the morning & then a quiet afternoon at home. Granny & Grandpa came back from their holidays & visited in the evening & brought us all nice things - Thank you

Tuesday - I had the chiropractor in the morning so Granny & Grandpa watched Bug, it was actually really strange not taking her with me as she has been at my last 5 or 6 appointments. In the afternoon we got together for coffee & cake (no cake for me though) with the antenatal mums & babies. Thank you to Sandra & Owen for hosting

Wednesday - was a quiet day for us, a wee trip to the shops & made a lovely Beef stew & dumplings in the slow cooker.

 Thursday - a busy day, Buggy went to Granny & Grandpa while I went to the chiropractor, home for a quick spot of lunch then to the hairdressers. Granny brought little miss Buggy to the hairdressers at the end of my appointment for her first salon cut & blow dry. She was an absolute star & sat so nicely on my knee. We also made a lovely Roast chicken in the slow cooker.




Friday - West Lothian Birth & After Birth Support group in the morning. followed by lunch & then we both came home & fell asleep. Buggy had an overnight stay with Granny & Grandpa.

Saturday - picked up little Miss and did the Asda shop


Sunday - Buggy had a wee bit of an off day, I think the top 2 teeth are starting to come through so she needed lots of cuddles. In the evening I made her pancakes. I had been trying to buy some but was horrified to find that one of the main ingredients in both the co-op & Asda's pancakes is golden syrup! so I made some .....there aren't many left today.

and that I think is pretty much our week. We are excited to hopefully see my wee sis & wee Margaret this week & Bookbug is on, but we actually have very few plans for a nice change.

Take Care everyone

lots of love
Fudgey x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment