Sunday 26 February 2012

2 for 1

Hello Fudgey Friends,

Sorry I never made it back during the week to fill you in on last week, there's been loads going on. Mr Fudgey & I are worn out! So you're really getting 2 weeks news in 1.

Valentines Day
Mr Fudgey & I took a half day in the afternoon and went fro some lunch at Grand Cru & then to the National Portrait Gallery. We really really enjoyed our date. We had agreed no presents but Mr Fudgey surprised me with a running book - Mental Training for Runners which I'm looking forward to reading.

Let's Do It
On Saturday 18th we had a really full on day getting the house all clean & tidy & I managed a mammoth 2 hour 1o minute Saturday Slaughter Session before heading into Edinburgh for a night out. We started with a meal at McKirdy's & then went to see Anton & Erin from Strictly Come Dancing in their show 'Let's Do It' at the Usher hall. This was for Mum Smith's birthday & we had a fab evening. Thanks to Dad Smith for coming to pick us up afterwards.

Pampered Fudgey
As part of my birthday Mr Fudgey had got me a voucher for a 45 minute hot stone massage & a manicure. I headed into town early for an hour in the gym before going for my treat. OMG Hot stone massage = amazing :-) Thank you Mr Fudgey. Then Mum Smith made us dinner which was lovely as it meant I didn't cook all weekend.

Training w/c 13 Feb
A busy week for me but have been feeling really good & strong recently
Monday - PT for 1 hour
Tuesday - 30 minute run
Wednesday - 45 mins in gym including 20 min run & Body Step 45 minutes
Thursday - 25 minute run & 30 minute spin class
Friday - 1 hour in gym including 20 min run
Saturday - Saturday Slaughter Session 10 x (run 1km, 20 squats, 20 mountain climbers, 20 bicep curls, 20 single arm clean & press & 20 sit ups)
Sunday - Gym (cross trainer, bike & run)

Overdone it!
Training w/c 20 Feb
Monday - PT for 1 hour
Tuesday - 30 minute gym & 30 minute spin class
Wednesday - 1 hour in gym including 20 min run & Body Step 45 minutes
Thursday - Rest Day
Friday - 45 minutes in gym (bike & cross trainer)
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Rest Day

Realised on Thursday that I didn't know when my last rest day had been. I was so so tired. It's not like me to be so undisciplined but I'm paying for it now :-(

The Pink Princesses
Yesterday Mr Fudgey & I headed through to Glasgow to snatch a brief but fab catch up with my Sis, her hubby & our 3 gorgeous nieces. It was so good to see them all


La Traviata
Back to Edinburgh and La Traviata at The Playhouse - this was the other part of my birthday from Mr Fudgey. This is without a doubt my favourite opera I think maybe because it was the first one I ever saw. Absolutely loved this performance too & cried most of the way through the last act!

More Resting
Today I've done pretty much nothing. I should have run, I wanted to run & needed to run but my body simply told me this morning NO NO NO & for once my head decided to agree - it was the right thing to do.

Well that's all my chat from the last couple of weeks. Afew things this week - a work night out, a running event promo & a 5k on Sunday.

Hope you've all had a great week
Take care

lots of love
Fudgey
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love the national Portrait gallery, it's probably my favourite building in Edinburgh. One of many things I miss now I have moved away!

    ReplyDelete