Friday 29 July 2011

Bliss Edinburgh Marathon Festival Team - Well done!

Hello Fudgey Friends,

Remember me? Yes I know I'm sorry it's been a while - nearly 3 weeks to be precise since my last post. As this blog is meant to be about my training & there has been a distinct lack of that recently due to this grotty virus thing I haven't a) had the energy or inclination to post & b) had virtually no training to really talk about.

However the good news is that I am finally finally feeling much more Fudgey. This week I've managed my PT session, 2 short runs & a cycle & hope to fit in my weights programme today :-)

I do have some non training stuff such as couple of days in Glasgow & some foody posts to share & will do so soon - watch this space.





















I wanted to post today though to say an ENORMOUS THANK YOU to everyone for their support & sponsorship for the Edinburgh Marathon. I raised £982.48 so am delighted.
If anyone didn't get round to sponsoring me & would still like to my page is still open for another 3 weeks.
Sponsor Link


I've had an email today from Bliss to say Thank you which prompted this post, as I couldn't have done this without all of you.

"Thank you all so much for sending your funds in for the Edinburgh Marathon Festival. I can reveal that the Bliss Edinburgh team has overall raised a truly fantastic:

£11,000

We’re so grateful for all of your incredible hard work fundraising for Bliss and for you all choosing to support our work for special care babies in such an amazing way. Thank you for being part of the team!

Thank you all again so much for your wonderful fundraising. We really couldn't continue our work without the support of fundraisers like you and we are so grateful for all your hard work!

The funds you have all raised will make a real difference to the lives of special care babies and their families- these monies could fund 22 Bliss support groups for a whole year, or go towards funding one of our major research projects, making sure that more tiny babies have the very best start in life. Because of you we will be able to help even more sick and premature babies and support their families, so a huge THANK YOU!"


I'll be back soon - I promise

Take Care all
Lots of Love
Fudgey
xxxx

2 comments: