Saturday 12 March 2011

Training Catch Up

Hello Fudgey Friends,

How are you all? I'm good - busy as ever. I'm so sorry that in the last couple of weeks I've not posted much - the time vampires strike again.
This week has seen me working till 10.45pm Wednesday & 9pm on Thursday to try and get everything done and I'm please to report it's been a really productive week with my to do list finally getting some ongoing items scored off:-)

I have been training too and this is really just a catch up of the last couple of weeks training. Sorry if it reads a little strange but it's my training from 28th Feb to date so tenses may be a little muddled.

slow sore recovery run 4.11 km Monday 28th Feb
After Sundays long run I was carrying a tension in my right ankle. I have been having intermittent problems with my shin but massage, doc & xrays show nothing so I was told I could continue running which I have been, I then realised in the last week or so it wasn't the shin at all but the ankle & releasing the ankle relieved the pain in the shin :-) till today :-( shouldn't have ran at all I know but I wanted to see if a short slow run would ease it off.....it didn't though but when I was sat at my desk it was fine - it was only putting weight through it that hurts. When I came home it was feeling fine again so planned to try & be sensible no way was I missing the half marathon on Sunday (6th March)

Personal training Tuesday 1st March It's gonna hurt tomorrow :-)
warm up set of 15 assisted (33kg) pulls ups
3 single full pull up attempts - getting better
then onto the session proper
4 supersets of 8 assisted (12kg) pull ups superset with press ups managed 30, 24, 20,19
4 supersets of 12 wide grip cable pull down 30kg with 12 bicep cable curls
3 supersets of 15 leg extensions 22.5kg with 12 swiss ball crunches with 25lb plate
2 supersets of 15 squats 45kg with 12 medicine ball lunges 6kg

Then I came home & tried on the tankini I treated myself to for our honeymoon later this year & cried - can't believe the shape I am in. I don't see in myself what others tell me & when I occasionally do.... I'm blown away - very very very happy :-)

Circuits Class Wednesday 2nd March
Arms & abs now completely brutalised
2 circuits first 1 min per station & second 30secs per station
we had:
bicep curls (1st round 10kg, 2nd 15kg)
tricep dips
2 squat thrusts & press up
clean & press into squat (15kg - I can squat double that but can't clean & press so much)
ski sit with shoulder height dumbbell hold (1 min is a long time even with 1kg weights)
supermarket sweep with 10 bunny hops
bag drag, overhead walking lunges (10kg bar) & sprint
burpees with 5kg dumbbells
10 fast step ups & 5 jumps
crunches & punches
paddles & scissors
punch bag

yes this is my idea of a fun way to spend my lunchtime. Arms were mildly sore after yesterdays PT - are now completely done as are my abs :-)
Ankle feeling good. Hope to run tomorrow.

Thursday 3rd March - REST day
Had to take a rest day - just so tired & upper body & abs feeling the pt & circuits class - unfortunately people kept making me laugh which hurt the abs even more! Hope to get in a wee run tomorrow to see if the ankle is ok before Sunday's half marathon

Out of the comfort zone 5.2 km - Friday 4th March
slow warm up for a km & then 4 very fast ones - faster than I have run in a long long time, well beyond my comfort zone and it felt great :-) Happy Friday & Race day Sunday Woo Hoo

Meadows Half Marathon - Sunday 6th March
Official time 2 hours 9 minutes 44 seconds.
Read my race report here
Resting again
Cheeky wee complete rest day - a little tired after the half marathon but will be back out & on my feet tomorrow

Leg Torture - Tuesday 8th March
Lunchtime resistance session
Legs felt worse today than yesterday so knew I had to sort them out & planned a run for after work.
Nipped to the gym at lunch to do a quick resistance workout
3 supersets of 15 squats 20kg superset with 12 calf raises each leg
3 supersets of 15 jackknifes with 10 hanging leg raises
1 set of 15 leg press 65kg superset with 20 medicine ball lunges 6kg - was waiting for assisted machine to be free
3 supersets of 10 assisted (12kg) pull ups with 10 bicep curls 6kg dumbbells

After work Treadmill recovery with KMac at gym 7.5 km
Hard going but knew that I needed to get this run in & that I would feel better for it

Circuits class - Wednesday 9th March
Oh my poor legs were so sore this morning & I was so tired - but no way I was missing circuits.
2 circuits of 1 min each station today
punch bag, tricep dips, military press (10kg), bent over row (15kg first circuit, 20kg second circuit), Lunges (15kg first circuit, 20kg second circuit), Squats (30kg), 10 squat thrusts, duck walk & hurdle, I surrender (3kg dumbbells first circuit, 4kg dumbbells second circuit, bicep curls (10kg first circuit, 12kg second circuit) weighted sprint & 10 bosu ball side steps, box jumps, skipping, chest press (10kg first circuit, 15kg second circuit) and walking press ups

Personal training Thursday 10th March
good session but think I've hurt my wrist :-(
warm up set of 15 assisted pull ups (33kg)
3 supersets of 8 assisted pull ups (12kg) & 14 alternate bicep curls 8kg
3 supersets of 8 underarm grip lat pull downs 37.5kg with 8 deadrows 10kg
3 sets of 15 squats 50 kg
3 tri sets of 12 lunges each leg, 12 swiss ball hamstring curls each leg & hanging leg raises 11, 11 & 9

cheeky pre work run 5.2 km Friday 11th March
just enough time before work to squeeze this in - it hurt but it still felt good - I am definitely not normal!

Today - Saturday 12th March
No training today - had planned a 15 mile run but woke up to snow and decided to postpone running till tomorrow as it was awful out there. I've never stopped all day though, doing laundry, baking banana bread, scrubbing the kitchen, hoovering & washing the floors in the kitchen lounge & dining area. Scrubbed the downstairs utility toilet, the main bathroom and the ensuite as well as a bit of hoovering upstairs. Now going off to prep dinner - roasted veggies :-)

Will let you know how my run goes tomorrow - it may need to be in the gym - but better than no run.

Take care all

lots of love
Fudgey
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your training and workout schedule is impressive - I wish I could fit in all the fitness you do, I feel like if I did, I would lose weight so much faster which is my goal.

    ReplyDelete