Sunday 28 November 2010

A whirlwind week

Hello Fudgey Friends,

How are you all?
It's been a busy busy week for me again & I can only see this continuing till into the New Year. Unfortunately due to lack of spare time I’ve not blogged as much as I would have liked so you’ll need to saddle up for a special Sunday catch up – I promise I’ll try not to ramble on.

A Birthday & A restaurant review
Wednesday was Mum Smith’s birthday & we were all going out for a meal to a place in Linlithgow called Livingston’s. Mum Smith had been before and had told us it was wonderful and she wasn’t wrong. Everything about it was just fantastic. The service & the food were both first class. It was a really classy place but not at all pretentious. I ordered the spinach & ricotta gnocchi, the roast breast of duck with Savoy cabbage, polenta cakes & beetroot sauce & the nutty lemon parfait with marscapone sorbet. All presented beautifully & absolutely delicious. We had a gorgeous bottle of Malbec & finished off with coffee & home made tablet. It wasn’t the cheapest place but it was a case of truly getting what you paid for – well what Dad Smith paid for. Thanks Bertie x
I'd love to go back in daylight so I can appreciate the surroundings too.
If you are looking for somewhere for a little Christmas treat - do check out their website - the festive menus look lush.

Late Night working

Mr Fudgey had taken Wed, Thurs & Fri off so he could spend some time with his brother, but I only had some time off on Friday & Thursday night turned into a late one at the office - about 7.45pm but I did get so much done in that lovely still time after 5.30pm when most people had gone home. I got home to find my fabby hubby had made some food & had been busy putting up our dark green curtains - they make the place look so cosy & I love them.




Entertaining part 1
On Friday, Mr Fudgey & I had invited Mum & Dad Smith & Paul for dinner. The menu:
Starter: Haggis filo parcels with plum chilli sauce
Main: Spanish baked risotto with homemade garlic & herb doughballs
Dessert: Mini cheesecakes
We had a nice meal & then great fun playing the wii. I think everyone enjoyed the evening.












Entertaining Part 2
We woke up on Saturday morning to find we'd had some snow overnight - so my plan of walking to the post office was kind of scuppered - plus my parcels were larger than I expected. Thankfully Dad Smith dropped us off at Uphall Post office on our way to do the weekly grocery shop - & that is the first of my Christmas parcels in the post :-)
After our shopping & a lovely bacon roll & cup of tea at Mum & Dad Smith's & saying our goodbye's to Paul (yes I cried - but not till Paul had left us), Mr Fudgey & I spent the afternoon doing housework & getting the house all in order & ready for our second evening of entertaining. We had invited KMac & the boy for dinner & I was going with a Chinese style menu.
Starter: Duck spring rolls & oriental chicken crackers, prawn crackers & homemade sweet & sour sauce & more plum chilli sauce.
Mains: Garlic chicken, 5 spice pork, stir fry veggies, egg fried rice & egg noodles
Desserts: profiteroles & mini toffee & chocolate cups.
It was another really lovely evening & I can't wait to entertain more in our new hoosie. I never took any photos though - I actually forgot to!

I'm going to leave this here for now & do another post re today's run in the snow a wee bit later. I want to go now & get my laundry sorted & the dinner started.
Be back soon folks.

love
Fudgey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment