Saturday 2 October 2010

Race Ready...

Hello Fudgey Friends,

Well the first ever Scottish Kilomathon is tomorrow. Am I race ready? Kind of, but whatever happens it's a PB as it's the first one ever. They have already scheduled the next one for next April though.
I've been enforced to rest since my PT session on Wed as I've been working late most nights - so the legs should be fresh. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

I've been making sure I have all my kit & my supplies ready, foot tape, garmin, race number pins, instant porridge. Tomorrow will be an early start as the race starts at 8am. I'm guessing it will be cold - but am undecided yet on long sleeves or short. I have decided though on no ipod. When I ran the Edinburgh half without it - I ran better & found the sound of feet on the ground very soothing. Given that recently I've been getting tangled in my headphones & also how much is spinning round me in my head - 26.2km (16.3 miles) of rhythmic feet against the ground will be great.


I have a bottle of champagne chilling already - looking forward to my first alcoholic drink in nearly 5 months.

Will post a race report as soon as I can afterwards.

Good luck to everyone else with events this weekend.

love
Fudgey
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope it went well and can't wait to read your recap!

    ReplyDelete