Tuesday 24 August 2010

Not Feeling so Fudgey

Hi Fudgey Friends,

Sorry it's almost a week since my last post - there has been so much going on & I've not been feeling so great so the blog has had to take a back seat, so I'll try & quickly bring you up to date:

Thursday
Back to work, took most of the day to catch up on emails & even then I never absorbed them all. I loved my time off but really felt like I was back to square 1 in terms of having a clue as to what was going on. I had a sore tummy and thought it was delayed DOMS from PT on Tuesday - no gym for me :-(

Friday
Was awake in the early hours feeling really bilious. Went into work and managed to get a few things scored off my to do list. Also had some good news so that made me feel better. I went for a 45 minute run after work but I felt really sick, my stomach really hurt. I then ended up with a migraine later in the evening. Not so good.

Saturday Zumba
On Saturday I headed off to the gym for the Zumba launch class with KMac & Smurfy. I loved Zumba & can't wait to do it again but with everything else going on it might need to wait.

Sunday - No Long Run
I felt really pants on Sunday morning not helped by the fact that little Beau never came home till 6.12am. I waited up for him till 2am before caving in and sleeping. So between a late night and feeling off colour 2 and a half hours running wasn't going to happen.
In the afternoon we had Mum & Dad Smith round for dinner.

Stats for Week 8
Distance run this week 12.21km / 7.59 miles
Time running 1 hours 21 minutes 15 seconds


I'm hoping that this rest will set me up for Glasgow....but the chances of running sub 2 hours are slim....I'm just not in form at the moment :-(


Monday
had to take some time off work as I felt so poorly.....I know not like me at all & I feel really guilty as I have so much that needs doing and feel like I've let people down - I don't know what is wrong with me I think it's a combination of loads of little things have just caught up with me.
So no running & no body pump.

Tuesday
Today I had my health assessment at Nuffield. Mr Fudgey's comments about wifey having the body of an athlete have now been confirmed & I recorded a resting heart rate today of 46 :-)
The Doctor thinks I may have had a virus as she said my glands were swollen and I told her I've been feeling off colour since the end of last week, though I did also tell her it's been a bit of a roller coaster recently with new job, selling flat and other issues. She said it's due to my increased fitness and energy levels that I cope so well. I don't think I do but nice to hear someone else say that.

After my assessment I met my fabulous Mr Fudgey for tea & cake.

Week 9 Run 1
I did manage to fit in a 30 minute run & my upper body programme which felt good.

and that fudgey friends is me up to date again. Sorry for the rubbish post - it will get better I promise.

Take Care Everyone
love
Fudgey
xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. It's very frustrating when you're training for a race, isn't it? Why not treat the Glasgow half as a training run for the Kilomathon, and have that as your main goal? (the Kilomathon will go right past my house - I'm so excited!)

    Good luck with the rest of your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad you're not feeling well - I hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liz. Glasgow race no, tshirt & chip have arrived...I'm going to go out & give it my best.
    Looking forward to the Kilomathon too....how cool that it goes past your house.

    Thanks Amy. I seem to be on the mend & the few days rest seem to have helped so fingers crossed...I'm a nightmare when I'm porrly I think I'm wonder woman & can carry on as normal LOL

    ReplyDelete