Sunday 25 July 2010

Fudgey versus The Hill

Happy Sunday Fudgey Friends,

How is everyone? What have you been up to this weekend? Surprise surprise I've been run, run, running!
Training for Glasgow is going well. I guess having already done the Edinburgh half I'm a little less scared of the distance and know that I can do it. I still haven't made a single morning gym visit this week, however I've still managed 4 runs, a gym session, a body pump class, a circuits class & a personal training session - so I think no morning sessions is allowed as I made up for it elsewhere. Even in the morning when I wake up and don't feel the workout vibe I still take my kit into the office as I know that I'll most likely fit in something at lunchtime or after work. I'd rather go for a quick 20 minute run than doing nothing at all, and I guess that just shows how important it is to me, I make it fit in with how I feel and around my life, my life doesn't revolve around it but it is something I love and enjoy doing so I'm going to keep on doing it. I'm also constantly inspired and motivated by my amazing friends who feel the same and I love the like minded people out there who totally understand the desire to train hard and feel good. I'm also inspired by the number of people who like me aren't just doing it for themselves but are raising money for numerous charities by doing all sorts of challenges.

KMac Does Kili
Kmac hasn't blogged for a while, but she is still training hard, and it's not too long till she heads off to conquer Kilimanjaro. KMac is raising funds for the same charity I did - CCLASP

or how about

12 marathons in 12 months
I heard about this yesterday from my fellow crazy running chick Karen and just thought WOW.
Jeff has already run 7 marathons so he is over half way through his challenge, and is raising money for a number of charities - including Pancreatic Cancer UK which is very poignant to me and my friends and colleagues as Judi's Ray's of Sunshine recently took part in Race for life for our friend Judi who has this horrible disease. Please pop over & visit his blog, it is very very worthy of a visit.I don't want to tell you too much I want you to go and read for yourself but Jeff like me previously couldn't run to the end of the street in his case due to asthma.
Ordinary people do Extraordinary things.
Good Luck Jeff - keep running.

so back to my week and hopefully my energy & enthusiasm will also inspire you a little:

Week 4 Run 2
Oops Friday & only one run done and I didn't make my morning session, but I did manage to fit in my 55 minute session after work. 10 minutes easy, followed by 4 intervals of 5 minutes had & 3 minutes easy, finishing off with 10 minutes easy.

Week 4 Run 3 - That flaming hill!
Saturday is normally a non running day for me, but Mr Fudgey and I were heading off to spend the night at his Mum & Dad's so I thought I'd fit in my long run before we went and I was feeling really up for it. This weeks long run according to the plan was to be 1 hour 45 minutes. I decided I'd head up to Holyrood and attack Arthur's Seat again.....OMG that hill kills me, though I do find it easier tackling it in a clockwise direction as it doesn't seem as steep, still hard work though, but so worth it for the panoramic views of Edinburgh at the top. It was really busy with lots of runners, tourists and even a Bollywood film crew.
I had a little people rage too. Why when I am moving at speed and listening to an ipod do I have more spatial awareness and common courtesy than people wandering round Edinburgh?? & honestly you'd think some people had never seen a runner before....nothing to see here people please move out of the way or I will try & run through you next time!
I actually ran for 2 hours 8 minutes and managed 19.5km (12.12 miles). Lovely ice bath when I got home - you do get used to them and it does help so much.
In the afternoon we headed out to Mum & Dad Smith's and we have a lovely lamb dinner, followed by a game of Mexican train dominoes which I won! Woo Woo!!

Week 4 Run 4
Mum & Dad Smith took Mr Fudgey & I off to do our weekly shop and since we had the car we were able to stock up on loads of things. I replenished my supplies of sports gels.
After we had lunch we headed back home and I wanted to go for a short recovery run and to tick off that 4th run if the week. I don't know where it came from but I was flying. I don't know how after yesterday's long run, but I just let my body do what it wanted & 5k done no problem.

Stats for Week 4
Distance run this week 35.61km / 22.13 miles
Time running 4 hours 0 minutes 46 seconds


So all in all it's been a pretty good week. I did get a blood blister on my big toe - but hey I'm a runner now that's what happens from time to time. I am less amused about the metal wheelbarrow that fell against my shin in the garden - Doh.

And that folks is it for now. I'm going to go & spend the rest of the evening with Mr Fudgey & the furry fellas.

Take Care
Lots of love
Fudgey
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy running round Arthur's Seat for fun - that hill is a killer! Good running though - well done.

    ReplyDelete