Wednesday 7 July 2010

The Fudgey Machine

Hello Fudgey Friends,

Hope you are all having a good week. I can't believe it is Wednesday already.
I've been a busy little workout fudgey machine this week and am so looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. I think I have earned it.

Week 2 Run 1
At the moment I'm concentrating on time on feet rather than distance though that will start to increase soon enough. I'm not particularly worrying about speed at the moment either - just running again feels fantastic & I love the discipline of a training plan & not 1 but 2 events to focus on.
This run was to be 15 minutes easy but I ended up running for 26 minutes as I was having such a great time.

Body Pump
Smurfy & I ended up at the Body Pump launch at our happy place (the gym) on Monday night. Both of us modelling our Bannatynes World Cup workout t-shirts. The guys challenged to push ourselves a little harder on each track than usual as it was the launch. Neither Smurfy or I had been to a pump class in months never mind a full hour but that didn't deter us. By the end of it we must have been a lovely sight! I think I went a little too heavy on the chest track & towards the end of the shoulder track was having to really fight every push of the bar, but I love love loved being back at pump and after a chat with fantastic Mr Fudgey am hoping to make Monday night pump a bit more regular. Mr Fudgey is the best husband ever and is so supportive. I think he would agree though that workout wifey is a happy wifey and makes for a happier,less grumpy and more energised fit little fudgeykin ;-)

Week 2 Run 2
10 minutes easy, 15 minutes tempo and 10 minutes easy run. Legs felt good and strong and I added another 5 minutes on the end just because I could.

Outside Personal Training
On several occasions Colin has planned an outside session only for the Scottish weather to scupper those plans but today it did finally happen. We went into the private gardens across the road from the gym where there is a nice round patch of grass with path around it perfect for running round and a couple of benches to utilise. Colin also brought a skipping rope 4kg dumbbells and a mat.....and so the session began:
2 laps of garden
20 power lunges
10 squat jumps
20 forrest gumps (Colin's name for them)
static lunges 12 each leg with 4kg dumbbells
15 squat & hold with 4kg dumbbells
1 lap of garden
1 min 30 skipping
12 bench press ups
12 bench tricep dips
12 seated shoulder press
4 starpose
20 komodo
2 laps of garden
plank to exhaustion (managed 1 min 30)

a wee rest & then did it all again with the exception of the plank.
It was really great to do something slightly different than the normal in the gym sessions but my upper body was not happy with the press ups, tricep dips & shoulder press.

Colin's Crucifying Circuit Class
As if the above wasn't enough I also went to the circuit class - yes I am a complete nutcase - but nothing comes without effort & if I really want to run sub 2 hours in Glasgow I need to drop a couple of pounds and be as fit and as strong as I possibly can be & so the torture from lovely Colin continued:

diamond press up
swiss ball chest press
clean & press
reverse flyes
ski sit (how was I the only person to be handed 4kg dumbbells to hold too? Smurfy says it was favouritism - Thanks Colin!)
bag drag & weighted sprint
slalom & bunny hops
burpees
paddles & scissors
jack knifes
plank

1st circuit was a minute each station & 2nd was 45 seconds for the first 5 stations & 30 secs for the rest of them. At the end of the first circuit I felt sick and couldn't see for the sweat dripping in my eyes - lovely! Tough Tough class even without all the other stuff I've been up to this week. I adore circuits though - I think it's my favourite type of class / gym or PT session.

Well Earned Rest Day
So do you agree I deserve a rest tomorrow?

Plan for Rest of week
No more resistance work this week - I think I have pushed it to the limit and now need to allow recovery. I do have Friday & Sunday runs to complete though.


and that my fudgey friends is us right up to date on my training at least.
I really owe you all a foody blog as I've made plenty of yummy stuff recently and have a few photos on my camera and pc - but time just seems to be so against me at the moment. I have a million and 1 things in my head to blog about but not enough time to do it. I will try soon I promise.

Lots of Love to everyone
Take Care
Fudgey xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment