Thursday 29 July 2010

Fabulous Fudgey Friends

Hello all,

Yes I'm back again. Just a short post I think - but who knows once my brain gets into gear what random tangent it will take!

Friends
. I have the best friends ever & I love them to bits. Yes Miss KMac Gym / Mountain Barbie & Mrs Smurfy that's you two. Thanks so much for the books & the key rings. I might have to deal with morons on a very regular basis and being a sensitive little Fudgey it does bring me down, but having friends like you & of course an amazing hubby like Mr Fudgey makes it tolerable. Morons are only a temporary blight on my horizon.
Seriously though - Thanks guys - you really are the best.
Mr Fudgey & I loved the key rings. Little Miss Chatterbox for me - so appropriate LOL & Mr Perfect....Mr Fudgey laughed & asked if the two of you were drunk when you went shopping he he he.

Week 5 Run 2

45 minutes steady today. It was hard going for the first 20 minutes but once past the 20 minute mark I could have ran and ran. Yet again I looked like I'd been for a dip in the Forth - but this doesn't bother me now because apparently:
If you’re fit, the more you’ll sweat. Sweating is the body’s way of cooling itself. This mechanism improves as you exercise regularly.

"As you get in better shape, your body learns to cool itself more efficiently. Blood is shunted to the skin’s surface more quickly via tiny blood vessels that dilate and radiate heat away from the body. At the same time, the sweat glands increase their output of a fluid-and-sodium mixture, which cools the body as it evaporates. While fit people produce more sweat than sedentary folks, they lose less salt, because more of it is reabsorbed by the body’s cells as it travels from the sweat glands to the skin’s surface. The result: More copious and diluted sweat, and more rapid cooling"


I'm a Saucony Girl
I wore my new Asics running shoes for the first time today and though they were good and I had a good run, they just simply weren't Saucony. I'm definitely a Saucony girl. I'll continue to use the Asics and they will get run into the ground ;-)but I think I'll be sticking with the Saucony shoes for my actual races. I'll keep you updated on the Asics though as today was only the first outing & I may come to love them as much as my Sauconys once they are broken in.
After my run the abs Doms kicked in I think a combo from circuits, PT & the run & I now feel like I've been used as a punch bag - it's all good though - abs doms are my absolute favourite :-)

To PT or Not to PT
I've been asked a lot recently about Personal Training by people who are considering hiring a PT themselves and I'd thoroughly recommend it. Even if it's just a couple of sessions as a taster. PT has really worked for me and I love it but there is no one size fits all. I think you also have to be realistic about what you want to achieve and how much time and effort it will take. Personal Training is fantastic, but 1 PT session a week and then no other exercise isn't likely to get you the results you want.
Many people see having a trainer as a luxury or an indulgence and yes that is partly true - but I'd rather spend my money on my health & fitness than anything else.
I know I would have lost the weight without the services of lovely but evil Colin! but I certainly wouldn't have the body shape I do now - without the expert guidance, encouragement & focus I get from having a PT.
So if you're thinking about it - give it a go - what have you got to lose? If you try it and it's not for you then at least you'll know and can find an alternative that does work for you. Everyone's different - some people love group classes and never step into the gym, some people want to be outdoors and never step into the gym and some people are the opposite and love the gym but hate group classes. It's about finding what suits you and works for you.

Oh my goodness where did this post go off too - words of wisdom....or just general rambling from Little Running Wifey today.

Well I'm off to have a cup of tea and unwind. Friday tomorrow Woooooooooo Hooooooo

love
Fudgey
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about the sweating - I can't believe sometimes how much I sweat now, and before I never did.

    ReplyDelete