Tuesday 27 April 2010

Wonder Woman


Hello Fudgey Friends,

Don't you just love it when you get a little unexpected gift? Mr Fudgey got me this fabby wonder woman mug which I love. He also made personalised wrapping paper. He's so talented. He's really kind, generous & thoughtful too & I love him to bits

Well after my longest run to date on Sunday, yesterday simply had to be a rest day, much as I like to think I am, I'm not really Wonder Woman! Though I do try to be :-)

Week 9 Run 1
Today was my first run of the week & it was hill intervals on the treadmill, I ran 5 minutes & then 1 minute each at gradients of 6%, 8%, 10%, 8%, 6%, then ran for 2 minutes & repeated 1 minute each at gradients of 6%, 8%, 10%, 8%, 6%, finishing with an 8 minute run. It was hard work but a necessary evil as Sunday's Great Edinburgh Run is quite hilly & as I mentioned the first part of the half marathon course is round that b of a hill Arthur's Seat. Yes almost a bad word from Mrs Fudgey.
After my run I kicked off my latest mad challenge....

One Hundred push ups
I found this online - I can't remember but I was looking for at the time - this wasn't it but it did make me wonder if I could do 100 press ups. This is a 6 week training programme that you follow to be able to complete 100 press ups. Why? I hear you ask. Why Not! I reply.
Follow this link & check it out for yourself. If press ups aren't for you there are other challenges like squats and sit ups.
I did the initial test today & managed 25 full 'man' press ups. I think I could have squeezed out maybe 1 or 2 more but was happy with 25 as a starting point - so I'll let you know how the 6 week plan goes and if I actually can achieve 100 in a row.....you know me I'll give it a really good go.


Well I'm going to go off & treat myself to a nice bubble bath before a cup of tea in my new Wonder Woman mug.

Take Care everyone

love
Fudgey
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment