Sunday 31 January 2010

Where are all the men?

Hello Fudgey Friends,

Fudgey's latest observation from my Sunday morning run was 'where are all the men?'
I can honestly say I never saw a single male runner this morning. I saw 6 other ladies but no men. Where were they? It was a fantastic day for running. Bright bright sunshine but very cold & crisp - my favourite kind of day.
There was a light frost in some places but not enough to cause any problems.
I also saw the 2 cutest little squirrels en route today.

I ate some Hovis extra wheatgerm crackers and had a small cup of tea about half an hour before heading out. Next week I want to try & get up a little earlier to try & eat something more substantial as I think I will need to as I increase the distances.

At the half way mark today I had a strawberry banana flavour powerbar gel, like the lucozade one definitely an acquired taste but I think they do help

11km Run today 1 hour 6 minutes & 2 seconds....gotta be pleased with that :-)

After my run I had a lovely Cinnamon and Raisin bagel think I earnt it.

Training Update
It's been a fairly busy week for me this week & I had 4 days pretty much away from the office so there weren't any lunch time gym sessions. I still managed though to run 31km this week. Total Running time 3 hours 2 minutes and 8 seconds.

Tuesday: see my blog entry re my training session 5km run total time 28 minutes 6 seconds
Wednesday :5km Run 28 minutes 50 seconds
Friday: see my blog entry re my 10km Run 59 minutes 10 seconds
Sunday: 11km Run 1 hour 6 minutes and 2 seconds

In January 2010 I've run a grand total of 104.4km. I'd set myself a target of 100km - so it's all looking positive

Coffee & Friends
Mr Fudgey and I headed into town at lunchtime to meet our fabulosly fudgey friend KMac and her sister for coffee. KMac & her sister are heading up Kilimanjaro in September this year to raise money for the same charity as me. CCLASP. KMac also has a fab blog you should check out http://ciorsdah.blogspot.com/

All in all a lovely end to the week - running and coffee with hubby and friends, what better way to spend a Sunday.

I'm away now to chillax.

lots of love
Fudgey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment