Saturday 2 January 2010

Happy 2010

Dear Fudgey friends,


A little belated, but HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I have a feeling that 2010 is going to be great

So what is on the fudgey agenda for 2010....other than hoping to spend more time with my loved ones....you may have heard that I'm running the Edinburgh half marathon (EHM) in May.
Yes that's right I'm planning on running a whole 13.1 miles or 21km if you're of a younger generation.
What on earth inspired this crazy idea I hear you ask....well as many people know 2009 was a pretty great year for me....getting married & getting to my target weight finally. I have to admit to feeling fantastic & I just don't want that feeling to end. My health & fitness have become one of the most important parts of my life....so I thought what new challenge can I set myself to make sure I keep up the good work? One of my amazing friends is climbing Mt Kilimanjaro this year to raise funds for Children with Cancer & Leukaemia http://www.cclasp.net/
I would have loved to join her but sadly I'm unable to, but then I received an email offering me a place in the half marathon & thought why not.
Running is not something I've ever particularly enjoyed and to me has always been a bit of a challenge & something to be avoided at all costs if possible......but oh that has all changed....I'm hooked....I love it, and as my poor hubby will testify I am a nightmare if I can't get out & run or exercise in some way!

so I'm signed up for the EHM & will also be raising funds for CCLASP. JustGiving link to follow!

I hope to update this blog at least weekly to:
a) keep you updated on my training
b) keep you updated on my fundraising
c) encourage you to sponsor me or the Kili team
d) Inspire you to get out there & get fit.....& get fudgey!

love fudgey x

No comments:

Post a Comment